Every day, thousands of women undergo abdominal surgery for common procedures like hysterectomies, ovarian cysts and fibroid tumors. What many don’t know are that advances in laparoscopic surgery now enable specialists to avoid open surgery in all but the most complex cases.
Common Gynecology Procedures & Treatments
- Cervical Cancer Biopsy
- Hysterectomies—laparoscopic and abdominal surgery
- Adhesions—laparoscopic surgery
- Endometriosis—laparoscopic surgery
- Fibroids—laparoscopic surgery or hysterectomy
- Ovarian Cysts—laparoscopic surgery or hysterectomy
- Ectopic Pregnancy—laparoscopic surgery or open procedures
- Incontinence—bladder suspensions using transvaginal tape
- Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding—endometrial ablation
Minimally invasive, laparoscopic procedures result in less blood loss, less pain and much shorter recovery time. Instead of a five to seven day hospital stay, for example, patients can go home the same or next day and may need only Ibuprofen or Tylenol for pain control.
To schedule or learn more about our Gynecological Surgery services please contact us at (985)809-9888.